without savvy

10 Nov 2007

Last week I visited my cousin in Budapest. I also met a friend of mine, with whom we turned in a tea-room called the Zöld Teknős Barlangja. After a couple of minutes it turned out that this is a business of Kozsó.

Firstly its style was quite weird for me, because it was in a native American style with dreamcatchers hanging on the walls and feathers all around us. It was quite scenic, but the first thing that came into my mind was that how native Americans are connected to tea. After overcoming doubts I started to read the menu in order to choose.

At the bottom of every second page, short citations could be read, written by people with names like Mao Li, Hai Tse Han, etc . What was disappointing was the fact that these are not real poets from the ancient China, but the feigned names of Kozsó. This thing is more than funny. It's rather scary.

In fact, I was pleased because of my friend, we had a really good conversation'

3 comments:

  1. Anchuk said...:

    A very interesting and funny story, indeed.:)

  1. elevennap said...:

    thank you, yes we had a good time there, we laughed a lot:)

  1. mJucus said...:

    hmm. I was there too and I think the same... Why is it in Native American style? Why isn't it in Japanese or maybe Chinese style? Why are there Indians on the wall? That was strange in deed... But... it's Kozso's business...;)